Postdoctoral Fellowship Policy and Forms
Policies and Forms
- PDF Policy
- Offer of Appointment Template - Domestic
- Offer ofAppointment Template - International
- PDF Payroll Authorization Form - Appointment/Extension
- PDF Payroll Authorization Form - Termination
- PDF Funding Worksheet (Multiple Funding Sources)
- Direct Deposit Form (found on the Human Resources website)
- Supervisor Checklist
The Letter of Invitation (LOI) and Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) Payroll Authorization Form (PAF) are used as part of the application package assembled by the Faculty Supervisor for an incoming Postdoctoral Fellow. Reviewed (by SGS) and signed complete Appointment/Extension packages must be received by Payroll Services on or prior to the monthly cut-off dates set out by the Payroll Calendar for the month specified in the offer letter. Packages not received by Payroll deadlines will be delayed until the following month.
**NEW: Supervisors who are recruiting an international Postdoctoral Fellow (foreign national) should contact the SGS via email or by phone at 403-329-5117 prior to initiating the appointment/extension paperwork.
**NEW: If a PDF will be funded by mutliple sources, please complete the PDF Funding Worksheet above. The purpose of this worksheet is to formalize and communciate PDF funding commitments within the Faculty of Arts & Science for PDFs who will be paid by multiple sources. This worksheet should be completed and circulated for signature prior to the completion of the PDF Payroll Authorization Form. If you have any questions rearding this worksheet please contact the School of Graduate Studies.
Letter of Invitation Tips:
- Always print Letters of Invitation on department letterhead.
- All Letters of Invitation should be signed by the Faculty Supervisor, Department Chair, Faculty Dean, and the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies (SGS). The last signature on the Letter of Invitation is that of the Prospective Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF), which will be obtained by the SGS.
- Do not remove the Benefits section of the letter. As of January 2016 PDFs qualify for benefits coverage, which is facilitated by Pension and Benefits on behalf of his/her supervisor.
- Use the most up to date address for the Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Information in the Letter of Invitation that is in black font colour is required for all Letters of Invitation; information in Grey font colour is optional and can be included on a case by case basis.
If you have any questions regarding the forms required for a PDF Appontment please contact the School of Graduate Studies.