The Siobhan Isabella Reid Memorial Scholarship was established in 1982.
One scholarship will be presented annually to a full-time post secondary student in Alberta. The amount of the scholarship is $1,500 and will be awarded to the student enrolled in a program which will lead to that individual being able to assist children and adults with learning disabilities. The student may be enrolled in any faculty of any university within Alberta or in a college degree program.
Criteria for Application:
- Student must be enrolled full time at a university or college in Alberta during the school year in which the scholarship is received.
- Student must have completed two full academic years at either a university or at a college at which courses are acceptable by a university as applicable toward a university degree.
- The scholarship is open to undergraduate or post graduate students enrolled in any faculty at a university or college in Alberta.
- During the scholarship year, the applicant must be enrolled in a program which will lead to that individual being able to assist children and adults with learning disability.
- The applicant must submit:
- an official transcript of his or her academic record for the student’s last university or college year
- two letters of reference from non-relatives
- an outline of his or her contributions to that applicant’s community as well as to campus life
- an outline of the program the student wishes to undertake during the scholarship year.
The applications will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- the student’s contributions to his or her community and to campus life
- a satisfactory academic record
- the student’s future educational program leading toward assisting children and adults with learning disabilities.
The deadline for receipt of applications is MARCH 22
For more information on how to apply, visit ldalberta.ca/get-involved/scholarships