Please use either a Firefox browser or Internet Explorer browser to access and to upload thesis/project document to e-thesis (e-project) system.
These instructions provide step-by-step directions on how to submit the final PDF copy of your project to OPUS (Open ULeth Scholarship) at the University of Lethbridge.
The project document must strictly adhere to the project formatting regulations and style guides as described in the relevant graduate degree Policies & Procedures manual. Students should ensure that they follow the step-by-step instructions for embedding the required fonts in the final PDF copies of their projects. Ensure your Thesis title is appropriately capitalized (do not use all uppercase letters) as this is how it will appear on your official transcripts.
After you have completed all required revisions to your project, you will receive an email to your University of Lethbridge account (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the graduate studies program office (e.g., Education, Management, School of Graduate Studies) indicating that you may register for an e-thesis/project account.
Before you begin your e-project submission, prepare the following:
- Your project abstract (maximum of 150 words) as text that you can copy and paste into the submission form within the e-thesis/project system
- Convert your project document to a PDF file. If you do not have access to PDF writer, contact the library for access to this software*
- Your final PDF file must include a file name that conforms to the following naming convention:
- The file names for e-thesis documents cannot include any spaces.
- Example: JONES_MORGAN_MED_2014.pdf
- The library will prepare a list of subject/keywords for your project document—these keywords and subject words will be used as search terms by other users
*Remember to follow the detailed instructions for embedding the required fonts in your final PDF copy of your project
When the above has been prepared, continue
After receiving the e-project registration notification from the relevant graduate studies program office (e.g., Education, Management, School of Graduate Studies), graduate students may sign on to the e-thesis/project system.
On the right-hand side of the webpage, click on “Login” under “My Account.”
Your graduate studies program office will create an account for you and then you will receive an email notification to your University of Lethbridge account (email@example.com) to start your e-project submission.
Under "My Account", click “Submission”
Then click the “start another submission” link
Under “Select a collection”, use the dropdown box to select the collection relevant to the faculty associated with your degree.
On the Describe Item page, enter the required information in the associated text boxes as depicted in the following two screen images. Ensure your Thesis title is appropriately capitalized (do not use all uppercase letters) as this is how it will appear on your official transcripts.
Click “Next” to continue with your submission
On the next Describe Item page, enter the required information in the associated text boxes, except for the subject keywords and description, as depicted in the following two screen images:
Click “Next” to continue
If you have requested and been approved to Embargo your thesis, enter the date the Embargo ends in the yyyy-mm-dd, yyyy-mm or yyyy format.
NOTE: Students do not need to check off the "Private Item" checkbox, as OPUS Administrators will just uncheck it.
NEXT: Click the “Browse” button to select your PDF project document file that has been labelled according to the directions outlined in Step 1: Preparing documents for submission process.
Click “Next” when you have finished uploading the project document to continue
Click the “Correct one of these” buttons to revise the information outlined in the relevant section
Click “Next” button to continue
Complete the following Distribution License form, by “checking” the box at the bottom of the webpage:
Click “Complete submission” button to finish your e-project submission.
Revisions required to PDF project
- You will receive an email to your uleth account from the e-thesis/project system indicating that your project needs to be revised to conform to your graduate program’s project format regulations (see program-specific Policies & Procedures)
- Once you have revised your project document, convert it to aPDF file following the naming convention outlined in Step 1: Preparing documents for submission process
- Once you have accessed your account in the e-thesis/project system, delete your initial PDF file.
Note: You do not need to re-enter your project information
- Add/upload your revised PDF project document
- Click “Next” when you have finished uploading project document
PDF project approved by Dean, School of Graduate Studies
You will receive an uleth email from your relevant graduate studies program office (e.g., Education, Management, School of Graduate Studies) outlining that the Dean, School of Graduate Studies has approved your PDF project