Each graduate program at the University of Lethbridge has a Program Committee that is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of that program.
NOTE: For the complete regulations regarding Program Committees, visit
Membership of Management Graduate Programs Committee
The Management Graduate Programs Committee is responsible for the general supervision and day-to-day activities of the M.Sc. (Mgt) Program. Membership of the committee is as follows:
- Management Graduate Programs Committee Chair, who is the Director of the Program.
- Three faculty members from the Dhillon School of Business, who are also members of the School of Graduate Studies, appointed by Graduate Council.
- One member of the School of Graduate Studies who is not a member of the Dhillon School of Business, recommended by the Management Graduate Programs Committee and approved by Graduate Council.
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies, ex officio.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Management Graduate Programs Committee
- Reporting to Graduate Council on all matters related to its operation, at least annually.
- Recommending to Graduate Council policy and program changes.
- Recommending to the appropriate bodies on graduate scholarships, assistantships or awards.
- On delegated authority from Graduate Council, providing for the admission of students to the School of Graduate Studies, subject to the admission standards and policies determined by GFC.
- Awarding credit for any previous courses and/or graduate work.
- Recommending to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies on student admissibility.
- On delegated authority from Graduate Council, providing for the appointment of examiners for examinations in the School of Graduate Studies, the conduct of examinations and the determination of the results of them.
- Reviewing and recommending where necessary to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies on students’ progress and standing.
- Approving, reviewing and, where necessary, changing individual student programs.
- Reviewing and approving the composition of and/or changes to the composition of students’ supervisory committees.
- On delegated authority from Graduate Council, determining the conditions under which a student must withdraw from or may continue his/her program of studies in the School of Graduate Studies.
- Recommending graduands to the Executive Committee of Graduate Council for Graduate Council approval.
- Hearing student appeals of an academic nature, with the exception of grade appeals. Appeals heard by the graduate program committee include appeals related to: the outcome of a thesis defence, the outcome of a comprehensive examination, the outcome of a transfer examination, or student progress and standing.