The University of Lethbridge Graduate Research Award (ULGRA) is intended to facilitate nuance and flexibility in the financial support of graduate students at the University of Lethbridge housed within approved departments (see below). All students applying for admission to a full time program in 2021 onward will automatically be considered for ULGRA funding and cannot be holding or be considered for other School of Graduate Studies admission funds (specifically the Tuition and Dean’s Scholarships).
- Units of $3,000 per annum can be offered to an individual up to a maximum of 7 units ($21,000) per annum
- Payable unpon confirmaiton of full-time enrolment at U of L
- Admitted to or continuing in a full-time thesis based or project based masters or doctoral program excluding programs within the Faculty of Education.
- No application is required. All eligible candidates are considered at the time of application to an eligible graduate program.
- Selection is competed at the time of admission by the applicable Program Committee.
- Renewal is contingent upon maintaining satisfactory progress & standing in the graduate program.
NOTE: Students are permitted to hold the ULGRA concurrently with any Graduate Assistantship (as per the GSA Collective Agreement) and/or any Research Stipend provided by a Faculty Member. Students are not permitted to hold the ULGRA concurrently with either the SGS Tuition Scholarship or the SGS Dean’s Scholarship. ULGRA recipients who subsequently receive tri-council scholarships or other major awards in excess of $10,000, will have their ULGRA adjusted to a top-up amount. The top up value will be a minimum of $3000 OR to an amount such that the combined value of the top-up and the external award exceeds the initial ULGRA award by a maximum of $3,000 per applicable year.