The Society of Edmonton Demographers (SED) is a society based in Edmonton that addresses the many aspects of human populations in Alberta, Canada, and around the world. The Society of Edmonton Demographers Graduate Student Scholarship (SEDGSS) aims to support advanced training of graduate students in Demography and Population Studies at the University of Lethbridge.
The mandate of SED includes:
1) To support research and learning of demography in the Province of Alberta and Canada;
2) To disseminate demographic information of Alberta and Canada.
- May 15
- Entering or continuing full time graduate student
- Pursuing a Masters or Doctoral degree in the field of demography and population studies
- Preference will be given to students working with the Prentice Institute
- Cumulative or entering GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Apply online through the University of Lethbridge’s awards, scholarships and bursary application portal.
- Decisions will normally be announced by early March, with the name of the recipient to be announced at the annual Warren Kalbach Conference, usually taking place in March in Edmonton.