Sponsored by: Government of Alberta
Purpose: Dr. Gary McPherson was a renowned advocate for people with disabilities. He devoted himself to inspiring leadership and bringing out the best in everyone. He was a member of the Order of Canada, the Alberta Order of Excellence and both the Edmonton and Alberta Sports Hall of Fame.
This scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, especially in the area of disability, and/or initiative to improve the conditions and lives of others.
- January 31
- 100 awards of $2,000 each.
- be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident,
- be currently living in Alberta,
- be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program: undergraduate, graduate, apprenticeship, diploma or certificate program at a designated Alberta institution in the year of nomination, and
- have shown outstanding leadership, especially in the area of disability, and/or initiative to improve the lives of other people while attending a post-secondary institution in Alberta
Apply online through the University of Lethbridge’s awards, scholarships and bursary application portal.