Members of the Iniskim Education Committee are governed by the Iniskim (Aboriginal) Education Policy, they abide by the Blackfoot and Other Indigenous Peoples Protocol Handbook and the following powers and duties indicated within the GFC Bylaws:
- Realize an overarching strategy that both commits and guides the university in Indigenous related matters.
- Guide and assist in the implementation of the principle objectives of the Iniskim (Aboriginal) Education Policy.
- Facilitate, communicate and provide assistance with the coordination of Indigenous related programs, research and creative activity, supports and initiatives across campus.
- Analyze, interpret and synthesize available information and opinion in order to provide recommendations on updating and, amending policy content and implementation strategies.
- Disseminate information regarding the Iniskim (Aboriginal) Education Policy to ensure the university community is aware of and understands the policy and related procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external groups and communities working in Indigenous areas.
- Annually review terms of reference and report their findings to the Executive Committee.
IEC members can view current agendas, archived agendas and minutes, annual reports and more on the IEC SharePoint: https://uleth.sharepoint.com/sites/iniskim-education-committee