The members of the Senate Engagement Committee are governed by the following powers and duties:
- Ensure members of Senate are informed and constructively engaged in matters related to the public interest in the University of Lethbridge.
- Support on-going Senate member orientation and explore new communication strategies for Senate members and retired Senate members.
- Discuss possible visitation and events in the communities with interest to the Unviersity. Visitation and events will be planned, booked, and executed by the Committee as a whole.
- Engage Senators and retired Senators in those communities and surrounding areas to become involved in external visitations and events.
- Encourage educational, business, and community leaders in the various communitities to become familiar with and supportive of the University and the activities planned for their area.
- Involve members, as may be required, of the entire University community in the activities.
|Chancellor Charles Weaselhead flanked by Chief Marshal Dr. Noella Piquette and President & Vice-Chancellor Mike Mahon during a presentation of the University Convocation Mace at Kainai High School.|
|President Mike Mahon speaking to a group of students at Senator Gershaw School
in Bow Island during a 'Meet Mike' visit.