WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
THERAPEUTIC RECREATION - AFTER DEGREE
- Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation
Campus:Lethbridge or Online
Our Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation will prepare graduates to become certified therapeutic recreation specialists (CTRS). The program is the first of its kind in Alberta and one of only eight degree programs leading to therapeutic recreation certification in Canada.
Therapeutic recreation uses functional intervention, education and recreation to help those with cognitive, physical, emotional and social limitations gain independence and reduce barriers to wellness and activity. It engages persons based upon their abilities in planned recreation and related experiences, promotes and educates persons in health and wellness, and reduces or eliminates activity limitations to achieve optimal health and well-being.
This career field is emerging as one of the most promising growth professions in health care.
For current information on admission and program requirements, visit the Registrar's Office website.
- Certified therapeutic recreation specialist (CTRS)
- Activity aide
- Recreation manager
- Leisure educator/counsellor
- Health promoter
- Wellness coordinator
- Inclusion specialist
- Recreation programmer
- Therapeutic Recreation 3300: Processes and Techniques in Therapeutic Recreation
- Therapeutic Recreation 4000: Issues and Trends in Therapeutic Recreation
- Therapeutic Recreation 4200: Administration in Therapeutic Recreation
- Therapeutic Recreation 4550: Practicum in Therapeutic Recreation (15.0 credit hours)