WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
DIGITAL AUDIO ARTS
- Bachelor of Music - Digital Audio Arts
Create a sound future with a comprehensive audio technology program that connects your interests in musical and technical creativity.
Our Digital Audio Arts program is theoretically grounded and practically-focused, with in-depth classroom work developed and delivered in real-world professional settings. Studies are further enhanced through presentations by experts and visiting artists from a variety of music industry fields and creative disciplines.
You'll build a strong foundation in music theory, history, composition, and performance exploring topics including audio engineering, music production, electronics and programming for musical applications, interactive music performance, and digital composition for media.
As you are exposed to music history, theory, and composition, you will also have opportunities to:
- master stereo and multi-track recording techniques
- collaborate on university film and animation projects, dance, theatre or performance art installations
- learn to use software tools to process analog and digital sounds
- give public performances of creative work
- attend lectures from leading industry specialists
Collaborate with students and faculty in fine arts and other disciplines to gain real-world research experiences. Discover your creative voice as you create soundscapes for visual media, design sounds for theatre and video games, or craft sonic environments to enhance emotions. Explore the possibilities for creativity through electroacoustic composition, sound design and recording, while training your ear.
You have full access to co-operative education, international exchanges, independent and applied studies as well as volunteer opportunities. uLethbridge is the only university in Alberta to offer co-operative education to all majors in the university, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Participate in a dynamic season of performances, visiting performers and workshops, internship opportunities, recording and producing contracts, professional certification, and competitions from local to international levels.
Find out more about the Music Department.
- Degree Length
- Fine Arts Additional Admissions Requirements
None - changes to portfolio requirements for Fall 2021 entry.
- University Recital Hall with state-of-the-art acoustics
- 24/7 access to individual practice studios
- 2 large ensemble rehearsal rooms
- 2 Steinway concert grands and 50 rehearsal pianos
- Canada’s most extensive percussion collection
- Studio One – world-class recording studio
- Studio Two – post-production studio
- Music technology and composition lab
- Audio editing suites
- Professional audio gear loan centre
Learn more about our spaces and technology.
- Related Degree Options
Bachelor of Music /Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Arts (Music) /Bachelor of Education
Bachelor of Music (Music)
Bachelor of Arts (Music)
Bachelor of Arts & Science (Music)
Bachelor of Arts (Music) /Bachelor of Management
- Student Testimonials
"Every class has shown me different perspectives, and areas to explore. I have been exposed to new forms of art, and appreciate them for all that they are. The music industry is very competitive, but with my success at the U of L, I feel confident that I am ready to take that next step." - Marcela Rada
Check out what alumni are saying about your program.
- Experiences on campus
Concerts & Recitals
Attend a concert or performance this year.
Participate in an ensemble for credit or non-credit.
Past Guest Artists & Lecturers
The Fine Arts brings in over 150 visiting artists every year. Find out more about the past visitors and lecturers.
- Student Success
See some Digital Audio Arts special projects.
- Fine Arts Scholarships & Awards
Find monetary support as a student in the Faculty of Fine Arts – both as a future student and continuing.
- Sound Designer
- Digital Audio Editor
- Studio Musician/Synthesist
- Film, and TV Sound Designer
- Sound Consultant
- Computer Music Researcher
Some of these careers require additional education. Students may also choose to continue their education at the MFA or Ph.D. level. To find out more about opportunities available to you contact Fine Arts Advising.
Find more information about careers opportunities