Learn by living: Take your education beyond the classroom.
Your education isn’t just about what you learn in the classroom. It’s also about the experiences you have outside of it. Explore your interests and expand your horizons on campus, in the community and abroad. Where will your learning take you?
Where it all starts:
- Co-operative education/internships: Find the career path that's right for you, gain relevant experience and earn a competitive wage – all before you graduate.
- Applied studies: Earn course credit for learning gained through a volunteer or employment experience.
- Independent studies: Design your own research project with a professor of your choice.
- Study abroad & exchanges: The world is your classroom! uLethbridge has exchange programs, summer study tours, international internships and international externships.
- Preceptorships: Nursing students are assigned to a 13-week period experience and are immersed in the clinical environment in a specific community context.
- Practicums: Education students receive 27 weeks of off-campus practicum experience, teaching in multiple settings, such as elementary AND secondary schools. Addictions Counselling majors complete two 13-week internships gaining hands-on work experience in the field.
- Volunteer experience: Volunteer Lethbridge, located on uLethbridge's downtown campus, connects students with extraordinary opportunities.
- Get involved: The uLethbridge student government (ULSU) has a seat at the table with the provincial government to advocate for current and future students. Also check out the many other student clubs and co-curricular activities to join.
Explore your interests and expand your horizons on campus, in the community and abroad.