Frequently Asked Questions
Before you can access the University of Lethbridge (U of L) Application for Graduate Admission, you will need to sign up for an account with CollegeNET’s ApplyWeb, the application hosting service affiliated with the U of L. Once you have an ApplyWeb account, you will be able to log in any time and view your Activity Log, a personalized status page showing any applications you have started (so that you can continue your work on an in-progress application), as well as showing those applications you have already submitted.
- How do I access a new application?
You can access the U of L graduate application by going to the U of L's website and following the link to submit an application.
- How do I access an application I have already started?
Once you have begun an application, you can either: return to the U of L's website and click the ‘Apply Now’ link to continue your work on your application in progress; or you can come directly to the ApplyWeb site and access any in-progress applications from your Activity Log.
- How do I fill out an application?
Once you have an ApplyWeb account, you can begin filling out your U of L graduate application. You can either complete the application and submit it in one sitting or you can save your work and continue it at a later time.
When filling out your application:To save what you have done so far without exiting, click the Save button. To save and exit, click the Finish Session or Save and Exit button.
- How do I submit an application?
Check your work carefully. When you are satisfied and ready to submit, click the Submit & Pay button at the bottom of the last page of the application. This saves your answers in their final form and takes you to the payment page where you pay your application fee online.
Note: Your application is not fully submitted until your application fee has been authorized (see below).
- How do I pay my application fee?
On the payment page, you can pay your application fee by credit card.
See Step 1 of the Step By Step Admission Guide for current application fees. Please note that we do not waive application fees. Special arrangements for those unable to obtain a credit card may be requested by contacting Admissions in the Registrar's Office at email@example.com.
Note: Once your online payment is authorized, your application is final, and you can no longer make changes to it. Email the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make changes to your application after submission.
- Where do I send my official documents?
Do not send any documents that you have uploaded with your application by mail, with the exception of official documents (e.g. transcripts, English language proficiency test scores), which you should arrange to have the issuing institutions mail directly to the Registrar's Office.
Official documents that are required as part of the application should be mailed to:
University of Lethbridge
4401 University Drive West
Lethbridge, AB T1K 3M4
- How do I know my application was recieved?
You will receive an email immediately after you have successfully submitted your application and you can check your Activity Log to print a copy of your application or to confirm that we have received it.
- How do I update information in my application once it has been submitted?
You can manage your requests for online letters of reference from your Activity Log by selecting your application, clicking on the Action menu (left) to the far right side of your referee's name. From here you will be able to either edit/change the referee or send a reminder to your referee.
You will need to email Admissions and Transfer you would like to submit an updated letter of intent, curriculum vitae, or any other unofficial document that you submitted with your application.
- How do I clear my session with ApplyWeb?
Log out of the application system from your Activity Log and close your browser. This ends your secure connection and clears your password (unless you chose to save it).
- What is my ApplyWeb Activity Log?
When you save or transmit application information, a note appears in your personal Activity Log. You can easily check your Activity Log at any time to see your application activity, to learn when we have acknowledged receipt of your application, and to manage your requests for Letters of Reference. Just log into your ApplyWeb account and select Activity Log.
- How secure is my payment transaction?
Your credit card information is encrypted during transmission from your browser to a secure server and during payment authorization. None of your credit card information is stored in the ApplyWeb database.
- Is my account private?
Yes, the server stores all application information you enter under the private username and password you establish.
- Is all my application data secure?
- How can I get more help?
If you need technical assistance with the online application, contact the ApplyWeb Help Desk. If you need assistance finding a supervisor or have any other questions specific to your program or the University of Lethbridge, please contact the School of Graduate Studies (email@example.com).
- You do not have to complete an application in one sitting. For example, you can start working on an application at your library's computer facility, save your work, access the application at home on your personal computer, and continue working from there. Wherever you have access to the internet, you have access to the information you have saved.
- When you complete more than one application, common information you provided on the first form is entered automatically in all subsequent ones. For example, if you have entered your name and address on an application and saved it, that information will be entered automatically on the next application you access (assuming, of course, that the next form also has name and address fields). If you change information on one form, it is also changed on any other unsubmitted ones.