Transitioning into post-secondary education
EleV will improve transitions to post-secondary, increase student success at the University of Lethbridge and expand work-integrated learning opportunities, such as:
- Co-op placements
- Entrepreneurships supports
- Employment opportunities
- Economic development initiatives for Blackfoot Communities
Initiatives for children and youth
Beginning in Fall 2020, EleV will launch new initiatives for children and youth, including:
- Delivering programs in Blackfoot communities
- Creating opportunities for students to participate in activities at the University
- Enabling an additional 30 Blackfoot and Indigenous students to attend uLethbridge through the Indigenous Student Success Program
- Enhancing Indigenous student services by hiring a program director and support roles, including both education and economic development navigators in each of the Blackfoot communities, mental health support, instructors and program development, and more.
As the program continues, we will allocate funds to support access to post-secondary education, student success and financial supports, education and training aligned with Blackfoot community needs, employment and economic development opportunities, work integrated learning and more.
Blackfoot Nations and the University of Lethbridge will work collaboratively to ensure the program meets the unique needs of Blackfoot youth and communities.