Location: W840 & W890
The Sculpture Facilities include the wood shop, metal shop, ceramics area, plaster room, as well as a bronze and aluminum foundry.
Sculpture Facilities Hours
Once the necessary training requirements have been met, students are allowed to work in the Sculpture Facilities according to the following schedule:
Monday - Thursday, 8:30 am - 8:00 pm
Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
During Intersession, Reading Weeks, and Summer Sessions the hours change to:
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm with an hour closed for lunch
These facilities are always closed Sundays and holidays.
Notices will be posted at W840 to alert users to changes in hours; for example, during Fall and Spring Reading Weeks and at the end of each semester.
Who can use the space
Art students who have met all necessary training requirements. Please see the contact link.
- Bronze & aluminum foundry, forge, MIG & stick welders
- Sawstop table saw, band saws, miter saw, jointer, drill presses, other hand & power tools
- Grinding room with downdraft tables for finishing & detailing bronze work
- Ceramics area with Bailey electric kiln, pottery wheels, slip casting & hand building equipment
- Plaster room for mould making & casting
- Digital fabrication equipment including 4-axis CNC router CNC plasma cutter