Hosting Drama Mainstage productions, TheatreXtra, and class-based productions, the David Spinks Theatre is a multi-use configurable black-box theatre equipped with an impressive inventory of lighting and sound materials.
Configurable seating risers allow for a capacity of approximately 150 patrons.
The David Spinks Theatre also functions as a classroom and rehearsal space for Department of Drama class-based work. Operated by the University Theatre Operations staff, the David Spinks Theatre maintains a high level of support and provides resources for academic and community-based theatre productions.
For more information contact Amanda Berg, Theatre Operations Supervisor
firstname.lastname@example.org | 403-329-2656
Who can use the space
- 60’ x 61’ black box theatre
- Rehearsal furniture collection
- 120 dimmers controlled by an ETC Ion Lighting Console capable of 4 DMX Universes
- Configurable computer-driven sound system
- Extensive conventional and LED lighting inventory
- Full perimeter catwalk
- Access to walkable lighting grid
- Configurable capacity up to 150 patrons
- Well-equipped rehearsal furniture collection
- Sprung floor