Generously supported by U of L alumnus Terry Whitehead, the Play Right Prize competition aims to encourage excellence and development in student playwriting. This competition is open to ALL U of L undergraduate students. One entry per student per competition. Student group entries welcome. Playwriting submissions judged by pre-selected blind jury.
Contact: Mia van Leeuwen
- Script must be intended for the stage (not television, film or other media).
- Plays must have a reading time no shorter than 30 minutes and no longer than 60 minutes.
- Review the submission form and complete guidelines for detailed information.
- Submit ONE copy of the play, in Microsoft Word via email to Shawn Coburn by the deadline (4:00PM on Jan. 29, 2021).
Eligibility: Any U of L undergrad student in good standing
Deadline: January 29, 2021
- First prize $1,500, second prize $750, and third prize $250.
- Winning play receives dramaturgical support from a member of the adjudicators.
- The winning entry will receive a virtual reading.
- An award presentation will occur on Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 6:00PM via Zoom (no registration required): https://uleth.zoom.us/j/94499868694