The purpose of this endowment is to facilitate, support, and encourage enriched study opportunities for U of L students of art. The fund can support activities such as group study trips (especially out of province or international), special workshops, and other events or projects intended to provide students with expanded professional art practice experience. Apply with a proposal including your project description (up to 1 page), proposed timeline* and budget, contact information, and a brief statement of the anticipated impact or benefit to students of art. Recipients are selected by the Student of Art Endowment Fund Committee. The Student of Art Endowment Committee considers proposals on an annual basis. Proposals involving and benefitting groups will be prioritized, however, individual student travel and enrichment activities will also be considered.
Proposals MUST include:
- Project description of up to one page
- Proposed timeline for realization of the project
- Proposed budget
- Applicant's contact information
- Brief statement of anticipated impact / benefit to students of art
- NOTE: Give details about specific facilities and locations in your proposal, including reasons why they will be beneficial to an art practice experience.
Value: $1500-4100 (varies per year)
Eligibility: Any undergraduate student or group of students enrolled in the BFA - Art, BFA - Native American Art, or BFA - Art/BEd with majors in Art, Art History/Museum Studies, or Art Studio.
Deadline: October 1, 2019 (for Spring proposals).
* All projects must be completed before February 29, 2020 to be eligible and awards are conditional on risk assessment approval.
Hard copy proposals must be submitted to:
Shawn Coburn, Administrative Support
W811, Faculty of Fine Arts Admin Support Office
University of Lethbridge