Mary Annis, an alumna, established this award to encourage student understanding of the fundamentals of art, the pursuit of aesthetic expression, and creative activity.
Value: Minimun amount of $1,200
Number: 1 recipient
Eligibility: This award is open to undergraduate students who are:
• At least at third-year standing in a B.F.A., Art Studio Major.
• Completion of required Art courses including: Visual Foundations, Fundamentals of Drawing or course equivalents and Drawing I or course equivalent.
• GPA greater than 3.0.
• A good grasp of the fundamentals of art as demonstrated through academic achievement in introductory Art courses.
• Financial need.
• Preference will be given to those who have taken or are enrolled in Drawing II and/or Drawing III.
• Ability to explain the role and value of creative activity.
• Upon confirmation of full-time enrolment at the University of Lethbridge in the Fall and Spring semesters immediately following the granting of the bursary.
Application to Include:
• A brief paragraph explaining the role and value of creative activity in your life.
• A copy of your transcript (official or unofficial).
Deadline: March 15, 2021
Submit your completed application via email to: Shawn Coburn, Administrative Support