For some people, their passion for teaching emerges while they are pursuing other goals. If you have already completed a degree but have a strong desire to become a teacher, our After Degree Program has been designed to help you achieve that dream.
Here’s how it works:
A visual representation of the After Degree Program Portrayal
The After Degree program consists of 20 U of L semester courses* (60 credit hours):
- Education 2500 (or its equivalent) which must be taken prior to admission
- Professional Semester One (PS I)
- Professional Semester Two (PS II)
- Professional Semester Three (PS III)
- One Educational Foundation course
- Three (or four) Education electives:
- If Education 2500 is completed within the first degree, four Education electives are required to meet the residence requirement of 20 U of L courses in the B.Ed After Degree Program
*You may be required to make up deficiencies in your teachable school subject major if the required number of courses was not complete, although acceptable, at the time of admission. These courses will be over and above the 20 U of L Bachelor of Education semester courses.
At the end of this student teaching and course work, you will be conferred with a Bachelor of Education. Your dream of becoming a teacher will have been achieved, but the true joy of educating children is only just beginning.
To review the Admission requirements to the Bachelor of Education Program follow this link.
To review the After Degree Program Planning Guide follow this link (pdf)
Admission/Application Deadline - February 1
Document Deadline - March 1
How do I apply?
Please submit your application through the following link: APPLY HERE
You may also contact Student Program Services for more information: