New Summer Camp Procedures & Safety Protocols
• Each camper will have their own table, chair and locker assigned to them at the beginning of the week and this will be their workspace exclusively.
• While all of the DE camps combined fall under the definition of a cohort (50 people), each camp will be assigned either the Outreach Lab or Outreach Classroom for the week and only those campers and staff will be allowed in the room.
• Masks will be required as of Aug 10, 2020. All campers will be required to bring a clean mask to camp each day and will be required to wear them when travelling inside the University beyond the Outreach Facility to destinations such as the washrooms and gym.
• Tech and equipment will be assigned to an individual camper and disinfected at the end of each week.
• Equipment and materials will be cleaned regularly
• DE Camps will not visit the Nicholas Sheran Spray Park like previous years.
• All games played outside will align with physical distancing guidelines.
• Campers will visit the pool (opening dependant) every Tuesday & Thursday afternoon as a private booking.
• Camp will end at 12:00 noon every Friday to allow for proper cleaning
• Staff are not permitted to assist/interact in any way with a camper's belongings including bags, clothing, water bottles, lunches.
• Campers must be able to open and close all packaging sent with them. This includes opening and closing their water bottle.
• All campers must come with a full and labelled water bottle.
• The sharing of food is not permitted.
• Lunch and snacks will be eaten outside.
• Snack times will be staggered, but all campers will eat lunch at the same time.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
• Drop-off is from 8:30am-9:00am. Pick-up is from 4:00pm-4:30pm. There is no extended care offered.
• Friday will be a half-day with pick-up from 12:00pm-12:30pm.
• Campers will be dropped off/picked up at the S-Parking lot at the North end of the Science Commons.
• Parents are not allowed within the Science Common building.
• All campers will wait outside in the covered North Atrium until 9:00 am each day.
• At 9:00 am campers will travel outside around the building to the Outreach Space and enter through the East Atrium Doors to eliminate the need to walk through the building.
• Please be aware that the Science Commons is locked and after 9:00 am there will be no one out front to greet you.
• If you know that you are running behind, it is very important that you call or text 403-915-0651 (the camp cell phone) to let us know.