Also see the Family & Friends FAQ page.
What time do I need to be there?
- Graduands are to arrive one and a half hours before the ceremony to pick up regalia, parchment(s) and to line up for the procession.
- The graduand assembly area is in the University Hall Atrium.
What ceremony should I be at?
- Faculties and Schools are assigned a specific ceremony. Please see the order of conferral for more information.
Where do I park?
What about my personal items?
- For security reasons, do not bring purses, wallets, backpacks, laptops or any valuable items to the grad assembly area.
- Light items (jackets) may be checked at the grad assembly area and you may pick them up following the ceremony outside of the gymnasium (at room PE264). Any items not collected within 30 minutes of the completion of the ceremony will be moved to Security Services office (L911) for pick up.
Where and when do I pick up and return my regalia?
- Regalia pick up will be in the University Hall Atrium one and a half hours prior to the ceremony.
- Return your regalia on the same day as your ceremony to room PE275 (Level 2, 1st Choice Savings Centre) by 6 p.m. for spring ceremonies and 2 p.m. for fall ceremonies.
Where and when can I get photos taken on the day of my ceremony?
- There are several opportunities, both professional and casual, for photos on convocation day.
How do I receive a Letter of Invitation for family from outside of Canada that would like to attend Convocation?
- Students who are inviting family from outside of Canada to convocation may need to provide relatives with a Letter of Invitation. The International Centre can also provide a supplementary letter for international students to provide to their family members for their visa applications. Please complete the Request for Invitation Letter. If you have any questions, please contact the International Centre.
I am unable to attend my ceremony. Do I need to RSVP and how do I receive my parchment?
- If you are not able to attend your ceremony, RSVP is not required.
- Your parchment will be available for pick up for one week following each ceremony at the Registrar’s Office (SU140). Those not picked up after one week will be mailed out. Please ensure your permanent address on the Bridge is correct.