Planning a meaningful and rewarding career is a continuous process. These steps will help you to gain a better sense of who you are, and what kind of career you want to build for yourself:
- Know Yourself: What are your needs, passions, values, interests, skills, traits, and vision for the future?
- Explore Options: Research actual job titles, duties, training paths, and qualifications that exist in the work world.
- Evaluate Options: Getting connected with the working world will help you gain experience and build your network.
- Make a Plan and Take Action: Create an action plan to get you where you want to go. Be flexible and consider your situational needs when you are considering what action steps are right for you at any one time.
Put your degree to work
Enhance your planning
Plan for your education and career. ALIS provides:
- Career planning guide (CAREERinsite)
- Occupational profiles (OCCinfo)
- Wage and salary information
- Job search tools
Includes career videos and roadmaps to help you plan your career.
Connect with professionals in different fields to learn about their careers.