- When are my final exams?
- I made flight arrangements to go on holiday, and found out one of my final exams conflicts with this. What can I do?
- Can I reschedule my final exam (special final examination)?
- I am unable to write a midterm exam because ...
Please refer to the current Undergraduate Academic Calendar in the following section for the most complete information:
In addition, the final exam schedule is published by the Registrar's Office.
The final exam period is structured to give students a break and time to study after classes end. Only in extenuating circumstances may students request to write an equivalent invigilated Final Examination at other than the scheduled time and place.
Students who feel they have extenuating circumstances must make a written request to the Associate Dean by filling out a Special Examination Request form, through your Calgary Campus advisor.
2. I made flight arrangements to go on holiday, and found out one of my final exams conflicts with this. What can I do?
Unfortunately, nothing can be done in this case. You must be available to write your final exams, so you must not schedule any holidays at that time.
If there is a reason beyond your control that will prevent you from writing one or more final exams, please contact your academic advisor with this information. In certain limited cases, an accommodation may be made.
Some reasons for rescheduling a final exam are unacceptable, but there are some cases when accommodation could be made. Acceptable reasons to write a final exam at a different time:
- You have two final exams the time conflict
- You have 3 final exams within 24 hours; the instructor associated with the second exam is the one who would normally be expected to accommodate the need for a rescheduled exam
- You have 4 final exams in 48 hours; the instructor associated with the third exam is the one who would normally be expected to accommodate the rescheduled exam.
- You have competing and non-reschedulable work related obligations; you must provide documentation from supervisor on company letterhead if appropriate.
- You are ill. A Supporting Documentation form is required.
- You have a family or personal emergency. A Supporting Documentation form is required.
- For religious reasons. A Supporting Documentation form is required.
Unacceptable reasons to write a final exam at a different time:
If you are unable to write a mid-term exam for any reason, you must consult your instructor before the midterm. Some reasons for not writing are unacceptable, but there are some cases when accommodation could be made, subject to the course outline, but you must speak to your instructor.
Some unacceptable reasons include:
- you did not study
- you play soccer with the Pronghorns, and have a practice
- you have a rehearsal for a play
- you have one other midterm on that day