Course selection and registration is an exciting time, but it can also be overwhelming! This page will provide you with the many resources you need to help navigate the registration process.
- Consult your Program Planning Guide to see the courses you need to take in your program. Be sure to select the calendar year that you were admitted in.
- Check out the Timetable and Course Matrix to see what we are offering this semester.
- Looking for course descriptions and pre-requisites of the courses being offered? Check out the Course Catalogue.
- Wondering what the Liberal Education Requirement is and what courses are considered Liberal Education? Check out the Liberal Education Requirements and course lists.
- Ready to register? Head to The Bridge!
- Need more registration help? Check the How to Register page.
Still need assistance with registration? Visit your Academic Advisor!
We're here to light the way
Reach out to our academic advisors for insight and assistance at any point while planning and completing your education at the University of Lethbridge.
How can an academic advisor help me?
An academic advisor can assist you with many parts of your academic journey including:
- program planning by identifying options and opportunities to meet your academic and career goals
- identifying barriers to your success, recommending strategies and giving referrals to other resources or special services
- educating about university academic policies, procedures and requirements and interpreting and providing rationale or advocacy when necessary
How can I make the most of academic advising?
One of the best parts of university is that you get to enroll in classes that interest you, so take the time to identify courses that resonate with you personally before seeing an advisor. You can also follow the steps below to ensure you're getting the most out of your sessions. It is your responsibility to take ownership of course selections, academic decisions and completion of graduation requirements, but academic advisors are here to help along the way.
1. PREPARE: Before you meet with an advisor make sure you are organized so you can get the most out of your advising session. Check out our FAQs to see if you can find the answer to your question(s) and write down your remaining question(s). Ensure your tuition is paid so you can register; consult important dates and deadlines. Review your Program Planning Guide (PPG) to determine which courses you have completed and which ones you still require and bring a copy to the advising session. Review the Timetable, or Courses section of the Academic Calendar and determine prerequisites, corequisites and Liberal Education requirements for your course selections. You should also think about your academic and career goals so you can communicate those with your advisor and write down any questions so you don't forget to ask them.
2. ENGAGE: During your advising consultation, your academic advisor can confirm if your choices are appropriate for your program and assist with unforeseeable challenges that might arise. Be sure to inform the academic advisor of critical information, ask questions to help you gather knowledge to make decisions and seek clarification if you don't understand something. Take notes on your session so you can refer back to them.
3. ACT: After your advising session, be sure to consult any referred resources, follow up on decisions and implement actions to be taken.
Your Academic Advising Team
- Kristin Galicia (last names A-K), 403.571.3360 ext. 4686
- Rebecca Friesen (last names L-Z), 403.571.3360 ext. 4693
Contact your Academic Advising team by emailing email@example.com.
Drop-in Advising (no appointment necessary):
Monday to Friday from 2:30pm - 6:00pm
Students are assisted on a first-come first-served basis at the Calgary Campus office during the drop-in advising hours.
Advising Appointments (phone or in-person):
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10:30am - 12:30pm
Students can book an appointment with their academic advisor during the times above by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.