The Writing Centre is now open for the Spring 2019 semester!
The Writing Centre provides 1-1 in-person consultations with trained academic writing tutors for students, and will offer practical writing support to help students better develop their academic writing skills. This is a free service accessible to all Calgary campus students.
How can the writing centre help you?
- Look at your own writing process and learn strategies to write more effectively
- Improving essay structure, paragraph development, sentence structure, style, grammar and punctuation
- Learn how to properly document sources and avoid plagiarism
- Please note that this is not a proof-reading service
What do students need to bring?
- A hard, printed copy of their assignment
- Specific questions regarding their work