CRITICAL. IMAGINATIVE. PERCEPTIVE.
“Ask more questions than you give answers. Seek out unhappiness and learn from it. There is no one right way to live a human life. The personal is always the political. Read Sara Ahmed.”
Favourite Class: There are many, including The Meaning of Life, The Individual and Society, Social Cognition, and Research Methodology
Favourite Social Activity: Playing cards, watching sports, eating wings, drinking beer
Favourite Study Spot: Good Earth Coffeehouse, Starbucks
What makes my uLethbridge experience unique?
- Explored media representations of Justin Bieber in an independent study with Dr. Kim Mair
- Examined ‘Blue Jay fever’ and its economic implications in a sociology paper for Dr. Tom Perks
- Observed the subtleties of biopolitics and state violence during my co-op workterm with Indigenous Services Canada
- Being a teaching assistant gave me an opportunity to have insightful learning experiences with other like-minded students
- Got to read Albert Camus’ novel The Stranger on a beach in Cancun for Dr. Laderoute’s summer philosophy course