Indigenous Studies Majors
The department offers a major in Indigenous studies for the 40-course Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Arts and Science (BASc) degree programs. Alternatively, you can choose to do a general major in the humanities or social sciences and select INDG as one of your three streams. You can also opt for INDG as your BA major for the combined BA/Bed or BA/BMgt programs.
The department also participates in the delivery of Canadian Studies, focusing on developing a deeper appreciation of our Canadian identity and issues across a wide range of disciplines.
For more information, see your Program Planning Guide or speak to an Academic Advisor.
In the program, you will have the opportunity to take courses like*:
- Native American Art Studio
- The Métis
- Native American Literature
- Canadian Native History
- Native American Philosophy
- Aboriginal Peoples & Law
- Native American Women
- Native American Health
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- First Nations Governance
- Language courses in Blackfoot & Cree
- Family & First Nations Community Development
- North American Native Art History & Theory
- Traditional Aboriginal Political Economy
*Course codes will be changing from NAS to INDG in the near future