March of 1901
A.L.Frank bought land and mine plans for $30,000.00.
the end of the summer
were 25 miners cottages, a large boarding house,
bunkhouse and an eating house completed.
that same year the C.P.R. spur line,
what would later be called Frank Station, was completed.
the coal could be loaded directly onto the rail cars.
public opening of the town of Frank was September 10, 1901.
mud slide at Cowley wiping out the tracks
ruined the opening ceremonies.
November of 1901 the Canadian-American Coal and Coke Co.
up and running.
1903 the slide that devastated the town
part of the mine,
the mining property.
numerous interruptions the mine closed in 1917.
more on the slide and its impact
the Crowsnest Pass click on the rock.
sure to check out the Frank Slide Interpretive
town had survived less than 3 years!
lime works was constructed but it ran out of suitable rock.
sanitorium closed as well.
top of page.