In October 1936, a small group of local artists founded The Lethbridge Sketch Club. The club held regular painting sessions in the environs of southern Alberta, where the artists rendered depictions of rolling hills, coulee valleys and mountain peaks.
During visits to the area throughout the 1940s and 50s, Group of Seven member A.Y. Jackson joined the club on a number of excursions.
With continued membership and creative productivity over the next seven decades, the club transformed into the Lethbridge Artists Club, and is presently active in the newly opened CASA arts centre in downtown Lethbridge.