The University of Lethbridge, together with Dr. Jim Coutts, invites you to explore the Coutts Centre for Western Canadian Heritage at a Community Open House on Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013, from 12 noon to 4 p.m.
The Coutts Centre for Western Canadian Heritage is located near Nanton, Alta.
Take advantage of the opportunity to visit this unique property, developed by Coutts, a southern Alberta-based art collector, political advisor and philanthropist. Coutts formally turned over his homestead property and a significant portion of his art collection to the University of Lethbridge.
Formal tours will not be offered but maps will be available on site.
Directions from Nanton, Alta.:
1. Turn east off Hwy 2 on to Provincial Road 533. This intersection is across from the Ranchland Motel at the north end of the community.
2. Follow Provincial Road 533 east out of town, past the Nanton Golf Club, to Range Road 280.
3. Turn left (north) on Range road 280.
4. Travel north on Range Road 280 approximately 4km (cross Township road 164).
5. Coutts Centre for Western Canadian Heritage is located on the west side of Range Road 280. Look for a small house, a series of low outbuildings and a stone fence on the south side of the property.
6. Parking is somewhat limited near the homestead. You may have to park on the side of the road near the lane entrance.