DEADLINE: October 15
The University of Lethbridge Teaching and Learning Conference Travel Fund has been established to provide more opportunities for faculty members and instructors to participate in teaching-oriented conferences and workshops.
In order to qualify for this fund, applicants must be one of the following; tenured, hold a tenure-track position, hold a 3-year term or a continuing appointment. The maximum amount available to any one recipient is $1000. Recipients are eligible to receive one travel fund per academic year. Funds will be awarded based on the following criteria until the available funds are depleted. Eligible applicants will be reimbursed in accordance with the normal University travel regulations.
Here is a list of pre-approved conferences that you may want to consider attending. If your conference is not on this list, it is highly recommended you speak to the Teaching Centre about your application.
STLHE- Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
June 11-14, 2019
The University of Calgary Conference on Postsecondary Learning and Teaching
Mount Royal University Institute of Teaching and Learning 2018 Symposium on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
ISSOTL 2018 - International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
October 24-27, 2018
E-Learn 2018 - World Conference on E-Learning
Las Vegas, USA
October 15-18, 2018
Ed Media 2019 - World Conference on Educational Media and Technology
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
June 24-28, 2019
- Conferences/workshops must be cross-disciplinary and focused on post-secondary teaching and learning in order to qualify. Please consult with the list of conferences below for a list of pre-approved conferences/workshops. Conferences not on the approved list are eligible following the approval of the Teaching Centre Advisory Council. If your conference is not on the approved conference list, it is strongly advised that faculty members discuss their application with the Teaching Centre.
- Successful applicants are expected to register and attend all days of the conference for which they are applying (not including pre-conference workshops or evening social events).
- The recipient of a Teaching and Learning Travel Fund allocation is invited to provide a workshop, or summary article highlighting learnings from the conference attended for inclusion in the Firefly newsletter.
- Available funds are limited, and not all applications will receive funding, even if they meet the criteria.
- The Teaching Centre is available to assist you with the application submission process up to 3 working days prior to the submission deadline (see Teaching Centre website for application deadlines).
- Applications must be submitted through the online application form. Applications will not be accepted in any other format. Only complete applications will be considered for funding. Late applications will not be accepted
Faculty members, professional librarians, and instructors who have received notification that their session(s) have been accepted for presentation at a teaching and learning conference. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the Teaching Centre with written proof of such participation (e.g., email of acceptance of paper, copy of the program, etc.).
Please note that the title of the paper, poster, or presentation is required on the application.
Faculty members, professional librarians, and instructors who are attending but are not presenting at a Teaching and Learning Conference. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the Teaching Centre with written documentation to support their application.