Teaching and Learning Conference Travel Fund
Teaching and Learning Conference Travel Fund Guidelines
The University of Lethbridge Teaching and Learning Conference Travel Fund has been established to provide more opportunities for faculty members and instructors to participate in interdisciplinary teaching-oriented conferences and workshops.
In order to qualify for this fund, applicants must be one of the following: tenured, hold a tenure-track position, hold a 3-year term, or a continuing appointment. The maximum amount available to any one recipient is $1000. Recipients are eligible to receive one travel fund per academic year. Funds will be awarded based on the following criteria until the available funds are depleted. Eligible applicants will be reimbursed in accordance with the normal University of Lethbridge travel policy.
- Conferences/workshops must be cross-disciplinary and focused on post-secondary teaching and learning in order to qualify. Please consult with the list of conferences below for a list of pre-approved conferences/workshops. Conferences not on this list are eligible following the approval of the Teaching Centre Advisory Council.
- Successful applicants are expected to register and attend all days of the conference for which they are applying (not including pre-conference workshops or evening social events).
- The recipient of a Teaching and Learning Travel Fund allocation has a mandatory requirement to report on and highlighting learnings from the conference. This report may be written as an article for inclusion on the Teaching Centre website or the Firefly newsletter. Workshops or presentations via the Teaching Centre are also options for dissemination.
- Available funds are limited, and not all applications will receive funding, even if they meet the criteria.
- The Teaching Centre is available to assist you with the application submission process up to 3 working days prior to the submission deadline (see Teaching Centre website for application deadlines).
- Applications must be submitted through the online application form. Applications will not be accepted in any other format. Only complete applications will be considered for funding. Late applications will not be accepted
Faculty members, librarians, and instructors who have received notification that their session(s) have been accepted for presentation at a teaching and learning conference. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the Teaching Centre with written proof of such participation (e.g., email of acceptance of paper, copy of the program, etc.).
Please note that the title of the paper, poster, or presentation is required on the application.
Faculty members, professional librarians, and instructors who are attending but are not presenting at a Teaching and Learning Conference. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the Teaching Centre with written documentation to support their application.
Please note that due to limited resources second priority applications may not be funded.
To complete an application, please
Application deadline is October 27th, 2017.
Below is a list of pre-approved conferences that you may want to consider attending.
STLHE- Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
June 19 - 22, 2018
EDC – Educational Developers Caucus
Victoria, British Columbia
February 14 - 16, 2018
The University of Calgary Conference on Postsecondary Learning and Teaching
May 1 - 2, 2018
ISSOTL 2018 - International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
October 24-27, 2018
E-Learn 2018 - World Conference on E-Learning
Las Vegas, USA
October 15-18, 2018
SITE Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education
March 26 - 30, 2018
Ed Media 2018 - World Conference on Educational Media and Technology
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
June 25-29, 2018
Mount Royal University Institute of Teaching and Learning 2016 Symposium on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning