Individual and Small Group Tutoring
Spring 2018: Individual and Small Group Tutoring (for 1000 and 2000 level courses)
Please note: the deadline to request a tutor for the Spring 2018 semester has passed (Feb. 16, 2018). We are now accepting requests for the Summer and Fall 2018 semesters only.
If the course you need assistance with does not have a group tutoring option, and is a 1000 or 2000 level course*, we will work to match you with a tutor. This service is FREE and provides you with one hour of tutoring per week until the last day of class for the semester. Depending on student demand, you may receive tutoring individually or within a small group of 2 - 3 students.
In order to receive individual or small group tutoring, you must:
- Be a current U of L student.
- Be attending all classe and submitting all assignments.
- Have previously attempted to seek help from your professor or supervisor.
- Submit your request prior to the deadline.
If you meet these requirements, you are welcome to apply for tutoring.
How it works:
- Once you submit your application, you will be contacted to set an appointment with the Tutoring Program Coordinator to review the guidelines of the program.
- After you have met with the Tutoring Program Coordinator, we will begin the process of matching you with an appropriate tutor. Depending on availability, this may take between four and seven days. If no tutors are available, we will notify you within this period. Submitting a request for a tutor does not gaurantee that you will be matched with a tutor.
- Once a match has been made, you will be sent an email with the name and contact details of your tutor. It is up to you to contact your tutor directly to set up an appointment.
- All appointments with your tutor must take place ON CAMPUS.
- When matched, you will receive one hour of help per week with your tutor until the last day of class for the semester.
To request a tutor, click here.
*Our program is currently limited to assisting with 1000 and 2000 level courses. If you are seeking a tutor for a 3000 level course (or higher) we can provide you with a list of private tutors where possible. This would be a seperate arrangement outside of the Tutoring Services program.