WATERPOLO HAS BEEN CANCELLED, AS OF FEBRUARY 11 DUE TO LOW PARTICIPATION.
Individuals interested in playing water polo this fall, you can sign up as an individual at the customer service desk. Start date is January 20. Please show up at the pool at 8:30pm.
Changes to Water Polo Intramurals!
We are introducing a new format to water polo intramurals. The first half of the weekly time slot will be devoted to learning how to properly tread water, swim with a ball, pass and shoot, as well as basic game strategies. Participants will then be divided into teams to play games and start implementing the skills they have learned. Conner Christmas and Jenn Kabeary will be leading this new format in an effort to increase and level out the playing field. All skills levels are welcome! Come and try us out!
- Each game will consist of two twenty (20) minute halves, running time
- A three (3) minute intermission will be allowed between periods
- Teams will switch ends after each period (including overtime period(s)
- All regular season games may end in a tie
- A ten (10) minute default rule will be enforced; each game must start by ten minutes past the hour
Play Off Games
- For play off games only, the clock will be stop-timed for the final two (2) minutes of the SECOND half if the goal difference is two (2) goals or less
- In case of a tie, after regulation time during a playoff game, a shoot-out will occur
- Five (5) members from each team will alternate taking penalty shots
- The team to score the most goals will win
- If still tied, each team will alternate shots until one team prevails – each shot must be taken by a different player and all eligible players must take a shot before any player can take a second shot ~
- Balls and head gear will be provided