Frequently Asked Questions

Admission FAQs

It is past the expiry date on my Offer of Admission letter. Can I still accept the offer?

You should contact Admissions (403-382-7134) to request an extension to your expiry date. If your expiry date can be extended, Admissions will instruct you to send your signed Confirmation of Admission form with the non-refundable tuition deposit (if applicable) as soon as possible.

I lost my Offer of Admission letter. How do I accept/decline my offer?

You can send a letter with your signature to the Admissions Office containing the following:

Your name
Your University of Lethbridge ID number (if known)
Your date of birth
Your program and semester of admission (if known)
A sentence stating that you accept or decline your offer of admission
Your non-refundable tuition deposit (if required)

Contact Admissions (403-382-7134) if you have questions.

How can I tell if the University of Lethbridge has received my non-refundable tuition deposit or my official transcript(s)?

Up-to-date information on the status of your application, outstanding documents, and documents received is provided through the Admissions Inquiry function on the Bridge.

The Bridge FAQs

I lost my Offer of Admission letter. How do I get the information I need to set up my University of Lethbridge username and password?

If you’ve never logged in to the Bridge before and you’re having problems setting up your username and password, call the Registration Help Line at 403-329-2052. In the interest of safeguarding the security of your record, we will require you to identify yourself satisfactorily.

I changed my password, and now I can’t remember it. What should I do?

Select the ‘Forgot your password?’ link on the Bridge login page ( You will be asked to provide some personal information as well as the answers to some security questions. You will then be able to reset your password.

If you don’t know the answers to the security questions, you should call or visit the IT Solutions Centre (Phone: 403-329-2490 | Location: E610, University Hall). In the interest of safeguarding the security of your account, we will require you to identify yourself satisfactorily before we will reset your password.

Registration FAQs

I have outstanding fees. Can I still register?

No. You must clear your outstanding fees with the Cash Office before you will be able to access registration on the Bridge.

What if I am in the middle of registering and my browser freezes or the system stops responding?

Close your browser and try to access the website again. If you are successful in logging back in, check your registration to verify that your current registration is correct. If you are unsuccessful in logging back in, contact the IT Solutions Centre (403-329-2490).

What if I accidentally add the wrong course to my schedule?

If you enter an incorrect CRN and are subsequently registered in the wrong course, drop that course by following the procedure outlined in “Dropping a Course from Your Schedule”.

When I register for a class section, will the Bridge automatically register me for the lab or tutorial?

No. In fact, the Bridge will not allow you to register in the section for a course unless you also register in the associated lab/tutorial component(s) as well. When you register in a course with a link, you must add the linked component(s) at the same time or you will not be registered in any of the individual components.

Can I be registered in two sections of the same course at the same time?

As a temporary measure (when changing from one section/lab/tutorial to another), you may duplicate your registration in a particular course component, but permanent duplication of registration is not allowed. See “Duplicated Registrations” for details.

Will I be mailed a paper copy of my registration?

No, but you can print a copy of your current schedule. See “Confirming Your Registration” for instructions.

What if I want to register in a class which slightly overlaps another class in my schedule?

You cannot register for a class which is offered at the same time or overlaps with a class in which you are already registered.

What if I don’t have the prerequisite for a course?

You should not register in a course unless you meet all prerequisites/corequisites. In certain situations you may apply for a Waiver of Prerequisite from the department offering the course, but this should be completed before you register in the course. See “Prerequisite(s), Corequisite(s), and Recommended Background” on page 9 for more information.

Can I designate a course Credit/Non-Credit on the Bridge?

No. You must come to the Registrar’s Office and Student Services (ROSS) on the designated dates (see “Credit/Non-Credit (Cr/NC)” on page 15).

General FAQs

Where can I get my Campus ID Card?

Campus ID Cards may be obtained at the IT Solutions Centre (E610), University Hall. Students will be required to show government-issued identification in order to receive an ID card.

Where do I get a parking permit?

Parking permits can be reserved on the Bridge under Registrar’s Office and Student Services/Cash Office/Online Parking services. Students have the option to pay for their parking permit on the Bridge with a credit card or charge to their student account. Note that interest is assessed on the first day of each month on any outstanding balance.

Students can also purchase parking permits at the Cash Office during regular business hours and can pay with cash, cheque, or debit cards. The Cash Office does not accept credit cards.

Where can I get a bus pass?

Bus passes are available at the Students’ Union Rockerman’s Service Centre, in the Food Court on Level 2 of the Students’ Union Building. They also have bus tickets, city transit schedules, postage stamps, fax/photocopier services, and much more.

How do I pay my fees?

You can pay your fees by using online banking (visit for details) or at the Cash Office. The deadline for Fall 2014 is October 1, 2014. You must have made some kind of payment toward your tuition by this date, or your registration will be cancelled.

How do I get my email account?

Your University of Lethbridge email account is created automatically when you register. Your email account is how instructors, campus departments, and other students will be able to contact you. Many University communications will only come to you electronically through your University of Lethbridge email account such as billing information from the Cash Office, registration verification, and important notices from your instructors or Faculty/School offices. Contact the IT Solutions Centre if you have questions about your email or computer account (403-329-2490 or

How do I change my address and phone number?

You may update your contact information in any of the following ways:

Through the Bridge (
By contacting the Information Centre in the Registrar’s Office and Student Services (ROSS)
By completing an Address Change Form ( and sending it to the Registrar’s Office and Student Services (ROSS) by mail, by fax, or in person

It is very important that we have your up-to-date address and phone number, otherwise you may not receive important information relating to your program and your account. It is especially important in situations where your Faculty/School needs to contact you regarding your academic standing or your application for admission to a professional program.

How do I change my name at the University of Lethbridge?

If you want to change the name we have on file in your records, you must obtain a Name Change Form from the Registrar’s Office and Student Services (ROSS) and submit it with the appropriate documentation.

Can I get a tour of the campus?

YES! Contact Recruitment and Student Life at or phone 403-329-2762 to set up an appointment with a tour guide.

What if I have other questions?

Contact the Information Centre at the Registrar’s Office and Student Services (ROSS), your Faculty/School advising office, or Recruitment and Student Life.