Contractor Insurance Requirements

From small projects to large, contractors who are retained to perform work on behalf of the University are required to be insured for comprehensive commercial general liability (inclusive of non-owned automobile liability), automobile liability insurance, contractor’s equipment insurance, all risks property insurance, comprehensive boiler and machinery insurance  as well as employer’s liability or Worker’s Compensation insurance coverage. Dependent upon the nature of the project other specific insurance may be required (i.e. aircraft and watercraft liability). The insurance requirements should be addressed prior to the issuance of the RFP. Campus Safety, Insurance & Risk Services should be consulted to address the specific insurance requirements for the project inclusive of the required limits.