The purposes of the ULRFA are to:
- Facilitate the membership’s continuing contribution to the University of Lethbridge and the wider community;
- Act as a liaison between the University and the community of retired faculty;
- Sponsor and support programs and activities that enhance the welfare of the University and the wider community;
- Maintain contact with the local, provincial and national community of retired faculty, their activities, and concerns;
- Promote and safeguard the status and privileges of retired faculty members; and
- Provide opportunities for social and intellectual interaction among the membership.