These funding programs are designed to address operational need and help answer key questions in occupational health and safety and workers' compensation. These grants support short-term, primary and secondary research of immediate relevance. This research gives us the strongest scientific evidence to use when developing policy and practice.
Who can apply
Qualified researchers based in (or formally affiliated with) a university or research institution, who have published studies related to the research questions, are encouraged to apply. Researchers worldwide are invited to apply for most competitions. It will be noted in the Request for Proposals (RFP) if the Principal Applicant must be affiliated with a Canadian university.
Funding and duration
All standard terms and conditions apply to projects funded through Research Services. Please refer to the General Guidelines and Conditions for details.
We generally issue RFPs in the Fall and Spring. To learn about new opportunities, you can check this page regularly or sign up to receive automatic email notifications.
New RFP launch
We have just issued an RFP for the following topics:
- Physical risk factors associated with the development of Activity-Related Soft Tissue Disorders (ASTDs) of the limbs - RFP for ASTDs
- Analytical sampling methods for substances with American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Values (TLVs) - RFP for sampling methods
Researchers worldwide are invited to apply.
- RFP launch: March 22, 2019
- Application deadline for ASTDs: May 17, 2019
- Application deadline for sampling methods: June 17, 2019
How to apply
To apply, please submit the following forms by the deadline: