Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for Applications for Faculty-In-Residence programme (FIR) 2018-19 for Canadian faculty members, scientists and entrepreneurs who would be willing to take up engagements at Indian institutions for 1 or 2 weeks. Through this programme SICI will facilitate dissemination of Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN-an initiative of MHRD) in Canada to augment participation of Canadian faculty, scientists and entrepreneurs in Indian universities/research institutions with the objective of helping these institutions learn about modern pedagogic practices and boosting research in cutting-edge technologies and thus building stronger academic networks between both countries.
This Programme is projected to tap the talent pool of Canadian faculty and to encourage them to connect with the institutes of Higher Education in India to boost the country’s existing academic resources, accelerate the pace of quality reform, and elevate India’s scientific and technological capacity to global excellence.
Indian institutions and faculties are encouraged to collaborate and request their collaborators from Canada to utilize the opportunity provided by MHRD.
Proposals are invited on the following areas:
- Physical Sciences;
- Chemical, Bio-Chemical & Material Sciences;
- Mathematical & Computer Sciences ;
- Life Sciences, Medicine & Healthcare ;
- Electronics, Electrical, Information & Communication Technology;
- Mechanical Sciences & Infrastructure ;
- Earth & Environment Sciences ;
- Management ;
- Social Sciences & Law ;
- Humanities & Liberal Arts ;
- Architecture, Design, Planning and Heritage ;
- Other Categories / Interdisciplinary categories.
- The applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian member institution.
- The Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- List of eligible institutions in India to host faculty under this Programme is available at the link provided here : List of Eligible Host Institution in India Under GIAN Programme