Innovation at Work
Innovation at Work grants support research that will lead to the development of practical solutions, translating new knowledge into practice or solving specific problems for the workplace. These grants fund small-scale projects that promote increased collaboration between workplace parties, organizations, and researchers.
We award Innovation at Work grants following a competitive and rigorous evaluation processes. Typically, these grants are a maximum of $50,000, for a duration of one year.
Any Canadian resident may apply. Academic researchers affiliated with a college, university, or research institution may apply, but a non-academic partner must be included on the research team.
We generally issue a Request for Proposals (RFPs) through the Innovation at Work funding stream once a year. To learn about current RFPs, you can check this page regularly or sign up to receive automatic email notifications when new opportunities are posted.
Request for proposals
WorkSafeBC has issued a Request for Proposals for Innovation at Work.
Letter of Intent: deadline 4 p.m. December 1, 2017
Grant Application Form: deadline 4 p.m. February 9, 2018
Grants provided through Innovation at Work fund short term, small-scale projects that can lead to the development of new knowledge or practical solutions for workplace health and safety issues.
To be eligible for a grant:
- proposals must align with WorkSafeBC’s mandate and research priorities
- the principal applicant must be a Canadian resident
- applications by academic researchers (affiliated with a college, university, or research institution) must include a non-academic partner
Please review the following resources prior to submitting your application:
- Letter of Intent (optional)
- Grant Application Form (required)
- Applicant Consent Form (required)
- Guide to the Grant Application Form
- How to upload your application using DropZone
All standard terms and conditions apply to projects funded through Research Services. Please refer to the Funding conditions for details.
Need more information?
If you have any questions about the Innovation at Work funding stream, please contact our Research Services team.