The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE) of Mexico, through the Agencia Mexicana de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (AMEXCID), offers scholarships to Canadians who wish to participate in an exchange for:
- one academic term at the undergraduate or graduate level;
- up to twelve months for graduate-level research and postdoctoral fellowships;
- one-year specializations;
- two-year scholarships for Master’s degrees; and
- three or four-year scholarships for Doctorates, including medical specializations and sub-specializations.
Canadians must apply to one of the participating post-secondary institutions (Spanish only) listed on Mexico’s Agencia Mexicana de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollowebsite. Please note that each participating institution offers different academic programs within the scholarship program. Applicants must ensure that their institution of choice offers scholarships in their field and level of study or research. Applicants must review the requirements of their institution of interest.
Applicants who do not meet Spanish language requirements may be eligible for language training for up to six months (or half the period of the scholarship) before the start of their study or research at an institution assigned by SRE. Language training is subject to a letter of acceptance by a participating post-secondary institution.