The Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) Foundation is pleased to announce a Call for New Grant Applications for research projects relating to human prion diseases. Grants will be awarded for human prion disease research.
- Deadline for receipt of Letters of Intent: August 1, 2019
- Applicants selected to submit a full Grant Application will be notified by October 16, 2019
- If advised to submit a full Grant Application, deadline is November 15, 2019
- Awards communicated to recipients: January 15, 2020
- Awards announced: January 23, 2020
- Research projects are expected to be completed one year from date of the award
- A progress report is due at six months and at one year from date of the award
Grant Terms and Amounts
- Only one applicant from a Principal Investigator’s laboratory will be selected to submit a full grant application.
- By accepting the grant, the applicant agrees to present a six-month report at the CJD Foundation’s Annual Family Conference in Washington, DC, July 10-12, 2020. The Foundation will cover the cost of the speaker’s registration, lodging, and meals. The speaker will cover the cost of transportation to and from the conference from the funds awarded.
- The following grants will be awarded for human prion disease research:
- One or more grants, including one up to $100,000, for projects focused on developing a treatment (studies one to two years in length). Specific attention will be given to clinical and translational research and to studies identifying treatment targets and/or biomarkers.
- One or more grants, up to $50,000 each (studies one year in length). Grants should focus on research that impacts any form of human prion disease.
- No grants will be awarded for projects that have been funded in a preceding year, and precedence will be given to new projects.
- Innovation and scientific excellence of the project
- Relevance and impact to human prion diseases
- Expertise of the investigator(s) in the field of the proposed research
A one-page Letter of Intent briefly describing items A-D of the proposed project is required. The Grant Application should not be included with the Letter of Intent. The letter should be sent by email to:
Debbie Yobs, President/Executive Director, CJD Foundation