Developed by the Government of Alberta, the Anti-Racism Community Grant (ARCG) program supports initiatives that raise awareness and understanding of racism and its impact on all Albertans. The program will foster cultural awareness and cross-cultural understanding in communities across the province.
ARGC outcomes are to:
- address the causes and consequences of racism in communities across Alberta
- increase an organization’s capacity in supporting individuals who are impacted by racism
- increase access to services, information, and advice concerning racism
- increase opportunities for people to learn, discuss and address the impacts of racism in their community
- encourage participation of individuals, businesses, institutions, and governments to collaboratively support anti-racism in their community
- increase an organization’s ability to address the systemic causes and consequences of racism
There are two funding streams associated with the grant: Community Anti-Racism, and Indigenous Anti-Racism.
The maximum amount of ARGC funding an organization can request is $25,000. An organization can only receive one grant through the ARCG once per fiscal year. Program funding is approved on a matching basis. The applicant must contribute an amount equal to or exceeding the grant request towards the expenses of the project, unless applying for an up to $5,000 non-matching grant. The matching funding may be in the form of cash or donated labour, and/or donated materials/services, or a combination thereof, all of which must be directly related to the project.
There are three intake deadlines for 2018-19: August 1, 2018; November 1, 2018; and January 1, 2019.
Submission deadlines for 2019-20 onward:
- Intake 1 - March 1, 2019
- Intake 2 - June 1, 2019
- Intake 3 - September 1, 2019
- Intake 4 - December 1, 2019