Korea will organize IAGG's 20th World Congress on June 23-27, 2013 at the Seoul Convention and Exhibition Centre. The main theme of the congress, "Ditigal Ageing: A New Horizon for Health Care and Active Ageing". The importance of research findings on Biological Science, Health Science and Geriatric Medicine, Behavioural and Social Sciences, Social Research, Policy and Practices will be highlighted throughout the congress.
Keynote lectures will handle topics covering hot issues and major concerns in ageing societies:
- Health care through gerontechnology
- Informatization and digital divide in ageing society
- Mental health issues in old age: coping against increasing burden of dementia and suicide
- Population ageing issues in developing countries
- Stem cell in ageing
- Changes in family structure and care of older persons
- Active ageing and the third age
The scientific program will be organized with a variety of other academic events:
- Presidential & submitted symposia
- Oral paper & poster sessions
- Satellite symposia sponsored by industries
- Award lectures
- Workshops, roundtables and other special sessions.
A call for submitted symposia has been launched on September 1st, 2011. To upload the related guidelines, to note the important dates and to submit online, go to http://http://www.iagg2013.org/. A call for oral and poster abstracts will be announced between January 2012 and October 2012 and a prize will be awarded to encourage participation in poster sessions.