November 2, 2012
The University of Lethbridge Calgary Campus invites applications for a full-time Program Specialist II (Academic Advisor) to begin work as soon as possible. This is a 12-month project position with the possibility of extension.
The University of Lethbridge Calgary Campus is in its 16th year of operation, offering students the opportunity to complete the Bachelor of Management degree program in Calgary. Courses are offered primarily during the evenings and weekends allowing students to pursue their studies while also pursuing their careers. The Calgary Campus currently has 750+ students registered in the program.
Responsibilities vary throughout the year and include:
• advising current and prospective students about the admissions process, academic requirements, policies, procedures, program planning and course sequencing; evaluating special requests and assisting students encountering difficulties
• assessing student records; completing and interpreting degree audits, program and graduation checks
• planning and participating in activities/events, including student recruiting, which may involve some travel
• coordination of student accommodations for students with documented disabilities
• statistical analysis and report preparation when needed
• liaising with various university departments and providing general administrative assistance as required.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $4,686 - $5,304.50 per month.
OFFICE HOURS: Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 6:00pm.
The successful candidate must have an undergraduate degree. Preference will be given to candidates with previous advising experience at a post-secondary institution and familiarity with the distinctive programs and degree structures offered by the University of Lethbridge. The Calgary Campus seeks candidates who show professional commitment and sensitivity to the academic needs of students. The incumbent must have proven computer skills including data analysis and proficiency with Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with social media would be an asset. This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, interacting effectively with people of diverse backgrounds; skills in public speaking, problem-solving, multitasking, coordination, planning and organization; ability to learn quickly, work independently with good attention to detail, and work with complex systems in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Must be service oriented and able to collaborate in a small-team environment.
CLOSING DATE: November 23, 2012.
Please submit resume and references quoting competition #IN01398 to:
University of Lethbridge
LETHBRIDGE AB T1K 3M4
Resumes received without quoting the competition number will not be accepted.
The position is open to all qualified applicants, although preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. The University is an inclusive and equitable campus encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons.
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.