August 24, 2012
The Materials Management Department is seeking applications for a Purchasing Agent to commence work as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Manager, Materials Management, the Purchasing Agent is responsible for various procurement duties such as:
• Facilitating the acquisition of goods, materials and contractual services in accordance with recognized purchasing practices and the University’s policies and procedures;
• Directing and overseeing the preparation and issuance of Requests for Quotation and Requests for Proposal;
• Assisting or acting as a resource person for departments on procurement issues;
• Ensuring that supplier commitments are met and that department issues and concerns are addressed;
• Analyzing purchasing trends and activities to identify and recommend strategic sourcing opportunities;
• Procuring non-system and system contract orders/releases;
• Expediting and tracking of orders’
• Solving vendor invoice/pricing errors;
• Posting purchase orders into the system;
• Performing various Banner system searches (regarding purchase orders and payments); and
• Other related work as required.
The incumbent should be familiar with various Materials Management areas (i.e. shipping, receiving, customs, inventory, purchase orders, vendors, contracting etc).
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $4,686.00 - $5,304.50 per month.
The ideal candidate will have a university degree in business and at least two years of experience in the Purchasing or Materials Management field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong interpersonal/communication skills and a good operating knowledge of various software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, data base, Internet Provider etc. Certificate in Purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada or an equivalent designation from a similar organization would be an asset. The ability to maintain effective working relationships with members of the University community and general public is essential.
CLOSING DATE: September 3, 2012.
Please submit resume and references quoting competition #IN01373 to:
University of Lethbridge
LETHBRIDGE AB T1K 3M4
Resumes received without quoting the competition number will not be accepted.
The position is open to all qualified applicants, although preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. The University is an inclusive and equitable campus encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons.
Thank you to all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.