July 30, 2012
The University of Lethbridge International Centre invites applications for a full-time International Student Advisor to commence as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Manager, International Centre for Students, the International Student Advisor is primarily responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of retention and support services for international students admitted to the University of Lethbridge. The International Student Advisor will be accountable for the following:
- Enrolment management support, particularly with newly admitted and current international students on all three U of L campuses.
- Providing confidential support, guidance and advocacy for international student related to mediating institutional roadblocks and cultural unknowns, maintaining lawful immigration status in Canada, personal issues, and employment rights.
- Monitoring academic progress of international students and providing academic guidance in collaboration with appropriate faculties.
- The design, implementation, coordination, and delivery of New International Student Orientation prior to the commencement of academic semesters.
- Acting as the Designated Institutional Representative (DIR) for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Liaising with and reporting to CIC as needed.
- Liaising with various University of Lethbridge service and academic units, the city of Lethbridge, and various stakeholder groups (locally, provincially, nationally, and internationally).
- Providing guidance and support to University of Lethbridge faculty, staff, and volunteers responsible for assisting international students.
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and at least two years of related work experience related to international student services, including specific experience related to immigration matters. Previous experience should demonstrate excellent written and oral communication, organization and time-management, computer skills, familiarity with Citizenship & Immigration policies & procedures, and a dedication to excellence in international students support services. The successful candidate should be comfortable working independently or as part of team, and should be familiar with the program and service offerings of the University of Lethbridge.
The University offers a competitive compensation package with a full range of benefits.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by August 13, 2012. Please include a detailed resume with references and salary expectations quoting competition #IN01332 to:
University of Lethbridge
LETHBRIDGE AB T1K 3M4
Resumes received without quoting the competition number will not be accepted.
The position is open to all qualified applicants, although preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. The University is an inclusive and equitable campus encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons.
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.