July 12, 2012
Employment Opportunity – Part-Time Temporary Clerical Assistant
The University of Lethbridge Conservatory of Music requires the services of Part-Time Temporary Clerical Assistant to commence work as soon as possible. Hours of employment will be between 10-15 hours per week, and run for approximately 6 months, and possibly longer.
Reporting to the Director, and the Program Coordinator of the Conservatory of Music, the successful candidate will provide support to the 55 faculty teaching within the Conservatory as well as the Program Coordinator and Director. Responsibilities include:
• Maintaining the Conservatory’s website with up to date program details, upcoming events and faculty information.
• Designing and sending e-newsletters for students through MailChimp.
• Assisting with the organizing of Educational Band Retreats and Headstarts including email communications to band directors and clinicians, and Excel spreadsheet management.
• Assisting with preparations to move to the downtown Community Arts Centre.
• Being available to work at the occasional expo, farmer’s market or other Saturday concerts or events.
• Designing, printing and distributing posters, handouts, brochures and other advertising materials, using Adobe design programs (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
• Accessing the CLASS software to export class lists for each individual instructor and emailing the details.
• Others administrative duties, as required.
The successful candidate should have a relevant college diploma and at least one year of prior related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven administrative skills required include comfort with using various word processing, database, spreadsheet, internet and email applications in a networked environment. In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently within a team environment. This position requires excellent communication, organizational, record keeping and telephone skills. Most importantly, the individual will welcome the challenge of handling the demands of a very busy office and work effectively with faculty and students. Finally, the ideal candidate should have some experience in an educational environment, and in music.
Thank you to all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: August 10, 2012.
Please submit resume and references to:
University of Lethbridge Conservatory of Music
4401 University Drive West
LETHBRIDGE AB T1K 3M4
FAX: 403-317-2841 ~ PHONE: 403-329-2304