July 9, 2012
The University of Lethbridge, Counselling Services department requires the services of an Administrative Support I to commence work as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Unit Supervisor of the Disabilities Resource Centre, the successful candidate will provide support for the students registered with the Disabilities Resource Centre. Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring students with documented disabilities are provided their required exam accommodations.
• Liaising with members of the University community who assist with exam accommodations.
• Hiring and training individuals who monitor exams.
• Managing the exam accommodations software program (Clockwork).
• Supporting reception.
• Preparing statistical reports.
• Helping students identify their individual learning style and strengths.
• Providing students with documented disabilities with learning strategies (reading comprehension, study and exam preparation, written expression, time management, organization, etc.).
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $3,231.00 - $3,573.50 per month.
The successful candidate must have a relevant college diploma and at least one year of prior related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven administrative skills required include comfort with using various word processing, database, spreadsheet, internet and email applications in a networked environment. In addition, the candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently within a team structure. This position requires excellent communication, organizational, record keeping and telephone skills. Most importantly, the individual will welcome the challenge of handling the demands of a very busy office and work effectively with faculty and students. Finally, the ideal candidate will also have experience in an educational environment and be somewhat familiar with University of Lethbridge programs and systems.
CLOSING DATE: July 16, 2012.
Please submit resume and references quoting competition #IN01347 to:
University of Lethbridge
LETHBRIDGE AB T1K 3M4
Resumes received without quoting the competition number will not be accepted.
The position is open to all qualified applicants, although preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. The University is an inclusive and equitable campus encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons.
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contact