April 24, 2012
Risk and Safety Services is seeking summer students to assist with the rollout of the Chematix chemical tracking system.
The Position - The successful candidate, working with a partner, will be primarily responsible for inventory of chemicals in laboratories on campus. This will involve safe handling of chemicals and entry of information into an online database. Other duties may be assigned as required.
• The term of employment will be from May 1– August 31, 2012.
• The hours of work are 8:30 – 4:30, Monday to Friday.
• The salary is $15.00 per hour
The ideal candidate:
• Must be a returning student in the Fall 2012 term.
• Will have completed a minimum of two years in either a Chemistry undergraduate program, or a Biology program with a focus on biochemistry. (Consideration will be given to candidates with equivalent skills)
• Will possess superior keyboarding skill.
• Can devote attention to detail without loss of speed.
• Will be able to perform repetitive tasks.
• Will be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the university community.
If this position interests you, you are invited to submit a resume, letter of interest and include dates of any intended vacation by email to:
Risk and Safety Services
Attn: Carolin Cattoi-Demkiw